• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: blackngray70  
Forum » Device Specific Discussions » BlackBerry Storm » Considering a storm
Considering a storm
GBRussDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 9:13 PM | Message # 1
BlackBerry Noobie
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
I'm considering getting a BB Storm, and I'm interested to know the pros and cons of having one, if anyone has experience with them.

In an infinite universe where reality is determined by our perceptions, which are in constant state of flux, providing (definitive) proof of anything becomes little more than speculation based on random data.

bbguruDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 9:48 PM | Message # 2
The BB Guru Himself
Personally, of me, I am an enemy of touchscreen, and the Storm has the worst kind... SurePress. Now, others opinions may vary, but for me, SurePress is the devil. Allow me to explain how it works... when you touch the screen say, for a keyboard entry, the key lights up, then you have to press the screen in to select the key. I found typing slow and often time frustrating. The OS on the Storm is also slightly lacking, and for a media device, the videos can be pixelated far too much. But on the upside, the browser is incredibly fast, the library of apps is vast, and the device itself is well built. Its a love or hate thing with the Storm, overall... I'd recommend finding a good Verizon store and asking a rep for a demonstration and to allow you to try it before you buy it. Most Verizon store reps have a Storm, so it should be easy.

Owner/Administrator of the BlackBerry Guru.
CrackBerry Master: 09/10/09 -/- CrackBerry Genius: Status Pending (CrackBerry.com)
Global Moderator of BlackBerry Insight's Forums.

BrianWDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 10:11 PM | Message # 3
Staff Member/Honorary Staff
Group: Users
How are you doing Russ?
I've got a BlackBerry storm. While i agree with Kenny about the surepress screen being "difficult" It is really easy to get used to. I have no problem pumping out a small to medium email, BBM or text messages.

The applications alone on this device is what makes the device great.

Verizon's newest released Official Operating System (.148) has also improved many shortcomings of the Storm since release.

The device has a solid feel to it, with some heft. It's a pretty sturdy phone for having so many moving parts.
With that being said, some have trouble with screen "clicks" Not the screen not recognizing touch but the actual tactile "click" Now, call this anal or call it "rightfully so" Mine seems to do pretty well.

Some fantastic applications on the storm; Pattern Lock (G1 Pattern un-lock) Poynt (White/Yellow pages, Movie times) QuickLaunch (Which is available for many models, but is something the native OS should have had!)
There are many fun games as well if you're interested for those moments of down-time.

In the end, it comes down to user preference. Me? I love the storm, but am not in love with it's input methods.
I miss a real, tactile, full keyboard. Which is a big reason I will be switching to the 9630

hricivic18Date: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 11:31 PM | Message # 4
Staff Member/Honorary Staff
Group: Moderators
I own a storm. 9530. The new OS. makes the Storm fantastic.. I run a hybrid but the stock OS .148 makes the storm feel like it should have from its release date. (Many of the reviews that you will read are based on that original version, try to make sure you read the most current post. not things dated dec. 08, feb 09. jan. 14 etc.) As far as the phone functioning, mine is great. I agree with BrianW. Its preference.
I love mine. The sure press takes some getting used to but once you have mastered it. It becomes second nature. I have no problems there.

Maybe you should go to you local phone Dealer and try a few phones out in the store. See what you like best and run with it..(NOT Literally)

andrew_kDate: Monday, 2009-10-12, 5:38 PM | Message # 5
BlackBerry Noobie
Group: Users
I've been trying to register on a blackberry directory/ networking site but it asks for BBpin, does anyone know how I can retrieve this…..
The website is: www.bbpinme.com
Thanks…..

bbguruDate: Monday, 2009-10-12, 6:47 PM | Message # 6
The BB Guru Himself
Follow the link below for your answer andrew.

http://bbguru.at.ua/forum/28-46-1

Owner/Administrator of the BlackBerry Guru.
CrackBerry Master: 09/10/09 -/- CrackBerry Genius: Status Pending (CrackBerry.com)
Global Moderator of BlackBerry Insight's Forums.

Forum » Device Specific Discussions » BlackBerry Storm » Considering a storm
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright BBGuru © 2024