BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.206 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 220.127.116.11
* Applications: 18.104.22.168
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File name: 8330AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel253_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52_Tel us_Mobility.exe
* File size: 83.15MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download here: Telus Mobility
Instructions to install on ANY 8330 from ANY CARRIER.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization." When the device boots up it will then restore your information. When the Apploader Wizard says Loading Operation Successful you may then unplug the device.